Monday, January 14, 2008

How Hamel got his groove back

Sunny San Diego...which of course in German means a whales vagina

Technically I started to get back into things Thursday Jan 10, 2008 while I was in San Diego. I ran 4 miles. I'm not sure what the exact pace was because my watch is broken, I went off of how long each song I listened to was. By my estimate I was going an ass hauling 7:30 pace, and yes I ran with an iPod, I'm a recreational jogger now. Anyway, over the next 2 days I was sore as hell and took those days off to enjoy the San Diego sun. I returned at midnight on Saturday and Sunday afternoon I went for another 4mi yog (still sore) to the gym. The weather was pretty nice, low 40s and sunny so I went with shorts and a long sleeve shirt. For the record, I wear long shorts now, my ass doesn't look nearly as good in running shorts as it used it. I'll use getting back into those as one of my goals. Although I was sore, that 4 felt pretty good, I think I dropped the pace to a blazing 7min pace...watch out Jokin, I'm coming for you. At the gym I lifted back and did some stretching and abs. Then I ran (pronounced speed walked) 1mi home for a grand total of 5mi on the day (yeah, I stepped it up big time).


Today the weather was shiiite. It wasn't that cold but it snowed I guess 4" or so this morning. They surprisingly cleared the roads pretty fast but there are still puddles and crap slush everywhere. After work I ran the 1mi to MITs Zesiger Center and rode a stationary bike for 30min (again timed by my iPod). I planned on going 45min but I was nearly dead after 5min. The only thing that kept me going was I was riding next to a total goober who looked like he was kicking my ass. I couldn't let that happen. I went faster and harder (that's what she said). The only embarrassing part was when my feet slipped out of the pedal straps and the pedals went wild and I looked like a fool trying to stop them. That was 10min in...I needed the rest. I felt dumber when he looked at me and said "If you pull up on this it acts as a break and will stop the pedals"...."Thanks Madden, I didn't notice the words that said BREAK," I said in my head. I actually said "Thanks man" and continued my pedaling. Then I stretched, lifted tris, and did abs. Tonight was apparantly meat-head night at the gym. Bunch of bulked up d-bags walking around with their chests puffed out. I swear I heard one of them say, "Yeah I get my swell on at the gym. I want everyone to see how jacked and tan I am. WHUUT! WHUUT! WHUUT!" Oh, and there were lots of Asians (it is MIT...Sarro you would love it). With that, and a slight cramp in my side, I yogged the 1mi home. In case anyone cares (you know you do) I was wearing one of the old Brown xc sweatshirts from the 70s. I looked good....I mean REALLY good.

The MIT Zesiger Sports Center

Every post is going to end with the quote of the day. The best quote of the thousands that come into my head while I work out, when it came into my head, and if there is one, a reason why.

Quote of the day:
Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

Came into my head when my feet slipped out of the pedals and that guy looked at me like I was a fuckin amateur.

3 comments:

Owen said...

looks like you figured it out...?

Unknown said...

well done my friend. i like the potential of this blog.

Tom Floss said...

keep it up neil!