Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rowing is hard

So today I made the 1mi trek to the gym and I decided to try rowing. I'm experimenting with different forms of aerobic activity until the winter weather is over. I learned that rowing is HARD and so far I don't like anything more than running. I sat down and of course some chick had to grab the one next to me. My Dad does 2000m x 3 with 3min rest in between so I figured I'm young, it's only 2000m, running that's nothing, I can handle that. WRONG!
I was dieing, my arms were getting so tired (I was probably doing it wrong), and the chick next to me was rowing merrily merrily merrily merrily gently down the stream (that bitch). I thought I was almost done, I'm in the hurt tank, looked up and I was just nearing half way (F me!). So I managed to pull through and finish and I talked myself into doing one more (went out slower the second time). My arms burned and the middle of my back hurt and that girl was still going. So I hung my head in defeat and went on to lift shoulders, do abs, and stretch. Because I got worked over by the rowing machine I BOOKED it home. Seriously this time, I'm not joking, according to the song I listened to on my iPod I got home in about 5min 30sec, I was moving (get off my back).

Quote of the day:
Ron Burgundy: I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

What I wanted to say to that girl who showed me up rowing.

No comments: