Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Monday March 3, 2008 - Wayne's World

Today I got a chance to run in the afternoon in between sessions and meetings. I went on a nice 8er on the boardwalk along the bay. It was an out and back run so when I hit 4 I stopped to stretch and take in the scenery along the bay (read, really attractive women).

The run passes the airport and the planes fly really low right where the runway starts as they're landing. It was on the other side of the street (a very large busy street) but I had to pull a wayne's world moment so I played frogger across the street and stood at the beginning of the runway (on the other side of the fence, not actually on the runway) and just looked up as a plane flew over me. It was cool....and loud.

The run also passes a naval base and cruise line docks. It still boggles my mind that boats like aircraft carriers are able to float, physics is crazy. The cruise liner looked bigger than the aircraft carrier, is that bad? There's also lots of great sea food places along the beginning of the run and the air was filled with the smell of fried fish....yyuuuuummmmmmyyyyyy.

Of course, another perfect day (when is it not in San Diego?). I think I'll miss my flight tonight...
Along the run there are lots of benches and every bench is taken up by a homeless person but they all have these large backpacks and stuff, it basically looks like they're camping. I always thought if I were homeless I'd do whatever I had to to make my way to San Diego. It's always warmer than Boston and 90% of the time that's true every time.

I saw a guy rowing a boat along the boardwalk that I'm pretty sure was Popeye (DNA tests pending). There was also a girl that I freaked out by accident because she was running by and she had a I <3 Boston shirt on and I just pointed and smiled with a thumbs up. She ran faster. I was wearing a Brown Track and Field shirt, if they get a harassment call....it wasn't me.

Back at my hotel I did more abs and push ups and I decided to try hand stand push ups. I've been getting a lot stronger and one of my goals was to be able to do those and I was able to do 3, I was pumped. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it was a fluke.

Quote of the day:
Stacy: Well, don't you want to open your present?
Wayne Campbell: If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset
Stacy: Open it.
Wayne Campbell: What is it?
Stacy: It's a gun rack.
Wayne Campbell: A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?
Stacy: You don't like it? Fine. You know Wayne, if you're not careful, you're going to lose me.
Wayne Campbell: I lost you 2 months ago. We broke up. Are you mental? Get the net!

Waynes world, waynes world, party time, excellent! From looking at the planes.

No comments: