Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday March 5, 2008 - no sleep

I got in to Boston this morning at 5am. I didn't get a single hour of sleep on the plane but it was entirely my fault. A girl sat next to me and she was really cool so we ended up talking for the entire flight. It made it go by really fast. She has done a lot of marathons and she knows what the steeplechase is so we got to talk a bit about running.

Then I headed in to work and had a nice long day and when I got home headed out for a 6er. I actually felt amazing. I don't know what it was but right out of the gate I felt really loose and really good. I started off pretty quick and steadily increased the pace. It was a nice cool night, not cold, perfect for running. Pretty winday at first but let up within the first 2 miles. I tried a new route heading towards Harvard first before I headed back towards the city and I liked it a lot. I'll start doing this one for a while.

At the gym I did back and a new ab routine. There were no funny stories, but this one dude who looked about normal size, strong but not huge, was putting up 320lbs with 6 reps on bench, it was crazy.

Quote of the day:
"Everybody sweats, but most people would be surprised to know that they sweat 6 liters per day. Now I'm not familiar with the metric system or any other foreign language, but that's the equivalent of 300 gallons...I would guess. 300 gallons per day, imagine that, that's a fact! Hey, cauterize your sweat glands shut! TsssssskkkkOW! With Old Spice pro strength antiperspirant."

Saw it right before I ran, loved the imagine that, that's a fact part and the tsssssskkkkOW! part

No comments: