Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tuesday March 11, 2008 - short hiatus

So, I haven't run since last Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were work related then I headed right to Brown after work on Fri and I proceeded to black out by 11pm and I woke up Sat at 8am on a couch in a suite in Morris. I'm pretty sure it was Mike Woods' suite, how I got there is beyond me.

So I didn't run Saturday because I was massively hung over because I haven't been that drunk in a while. Then Saturday night I went to the Gala with Lena and although I wasn't drunk at all at the Gala (my tolerance was sky high from the previous night, I was even pounding patrone and nothing was hitting me) I shotgunned 3 beers immediately when I got back to Barnes and then proceeded to pound more beers and was drunk nice and quick. Day light savings time didn't help the going to bed thing and we ened up going to Louie's around 6am then going back to Barnes and playing more ruit. I finally passed out around 8am and woke up at noon (surprisingly NOT hungover AT ALL, shit you not, it was weird).

Sunday I met up with a friend for lunch around 1pm then had to head back to Boston to meet up with another friend and when I got home around 9pm I was completely spent. Monday I had an early morning of work (of course) and after work we had plans to go out and celebrate the milestone we hit on the previous Friday. So it was another night of drinking and not sleeping.

Today I was exhausted again but I had to run. I surprisingly felt really good even though I am dead. I got 8mi in at a pretty comfortably steady pace. It was also a nice night out and still a little light so that made it even better. I finally have songs on my iphone but of course with my small ears my headphones don't stay in so I have to wear this yellow ear warmer band thing around my head to keep them on. I look ridiculous but I guess that's the price you gotta pay to be a recreational jogger.

I ended at the gym and worked my shoulders and abs. Today I also did a bunch of stretching because my left hamstring has been giving me problems because it has been so tight. I'm going to make a conscious effort to stretch a little more.

I also found out that my application must not have gone through for the 5k this weekend because it says I'm not signed up and it says registration is full, so that sucks but I'm still going to head up there and drink with the locals. This is going to be a good St Patty's day weekend (only the best in Boston). If anyone wants to come call me, it'll be a great weekend.

Quote of the day:
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How tall are you, private?
Private Cowboy: Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high.

I just saw that movie for the first time and I had always heard that line and now I know where it's from.

No comments: