Sunday, February 10, 2008

Another great ride

I wanted to run today but there were crazy amount of wind and it snowed off and on, it looked like we were in a snow globe for a while. So, instead I sprinted over to the gym and rode again. I'm really starting to like riding the spinning bikes at MIT's gym. I get into a great rhythm and zone and I can just hammer through and it goes by so fast.

Today I rode for an hour and I threw in a 1min hill at 15min, 30min, and 45min. The guy next to me was riding standing up the whole time (at least 20min). I don't know how he did that or why, it looked really uncomfortable and inefficient.

My legs felt tired today from the 10mi run with Oz yesterday but I wasn't sore so I was happy about that. I took it east the first 5min to get into it and then I slowly got myself in a groove. The last 10min were particularly great. I shut my eyes, put a song that I was really feeling on repeat, and just got in a great fast paced rhythm to finish the ride off.

Afterwards, I did my pull up workout again, as well as 3 sets of dips, and abs. Then I sprinted home again. There was some thunder in the distance and a couple flashes of lightning as I was running home. It was such weird weather to have those as well as snow and heavy wind. I thought a tornado was inevitable, but I was wrong.

It's the end of a week and the start of a new. Let's see if I can get through this week without any hiccups in my training. I'm not liking 2008 so far.

Quote of the day(another lame one, sorry):
"Now I know,
That I can't make you stay.
But where's your heart?
But where's your heart?
But where's your,

And I know.
There's nothing I can say.
To change that part.
To change that part.
To change.

So many,
Bright lights they cast a shadow,
But can I speak?
Well is it hard understanding,
I'm incomplete?
A life that's so demanding,
I get so weak.
A love that's so demanding,
I can't speak.

I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey if you stay I'll be forgiven,
Nothing you can say can stop me going home." - My Chemical Romance: Famous Last Words


The song that really got me in a great groove for the last 10min of the ride today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Hamel!