Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thursday February 14, 2008 - Valentine's Day


Today was a hilarious day at the gym. I expected it to be relatively empty with people out on dates and whatnot. It was actually quite packed, but with an unusual crowd...

So, tonight I ran another 6mi and felt really good again. I'm really happy that all my runs feel so great. I've been waiting for the ones where I'm so sore and tired it hurts to move, but they haven't come yet. I did my favorite loop again along the Charles, letting the city lights take me away. It was another really nice night for running too, a nice cool air but not too cold. The kind of cool where you can run with your hands out of your sleeves and it feels good.

This was my first run without and iPod too....it died :*( It not only died, but it took all my music with it. All 4000 songs from pre 2005 (never added a song after that year) gone. Now I have to start from scratch again. Like I said in a previous post...I'm already having a horrible 2008, it's a good thing I'm not an Olympic athlete, it would not be my year.

I ended the run at the gym and today I lifted biceps. I found two new workouts for biceps that are great. I think this is the first time that I've lifted biceps correctly and gotten a really good workout for them.

The gym was comical because it was filled with every hardcore weirdo nerd that couldn't get, nor would want, a date with a girl on valentines day.....and me. It was 98.5% male (wasn't sure about one person, that's where the .5% comes in) and they were loving it. It was like their day to shine. It was funny, but I was also happy for them. I wondered if this was their one day a year to go to the gym, because I've been to the gym at all different hours of the day, crack of dawn, just before closing, dead afternooon, and I've never seen any of these people. I'm glad they got their day, and for once, I was the jacked dude in the gym....WWWHHHHUUUUUTTTTT!!! MUSCLE MILK!!!!!

Quote of the day (not from a movie, from my cousin):
10:30am
My Cousin: wat up
10:31am
Me: just trying to get through this shitty "holiday" you?
My Cousin: same i already started drinkn

No comments: