Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monday February 25, 2008 - Pissed again

Another one of those days. It started off awful because one of my co worker's sister was in an extremely bad car accident in North Carolina. They were cut off by a tractor trailor and their SUV flipped over. His sister is in critical condition and her friend died. Not a good way to start the day and my prayers are with them.

Then a few other comments during the day (similar situation that caused me to be pissed and ride 2hrs last time) really made me upset and frustrated all over again, and then I had 2 meetings today where a few people in them were really pissing me off.

So, I sprinted to the gym as soon as I got home and I absolutely hammered on the bike for 2hrs again, and again it felt great. I had a guy next to me that was actually a rider so he helped keep my speed up and he helped me on the hill intervals every 15min. I really fell into a zone of deep thought and was surrounded by the music (I finally put music on my iphone so I don't have to keep taking my roommate's ipod), and I just hammered the ride out. My legs were tired for the first 5min but once I really fell into the zone it was like my legs were on autopilot.

Then I lifted chest and did a really hard but great ab workout because I still had some adrenaline pumping because I got my mind going again. The whole workout felt great.

I decided today that I'm going to run a 5k on March 16 in Davis Sq. It's supposed to be really fun afterwards and a lot of people show up. Top 6 male finishers and top 6 female finishers get cash prizes and based on the times from last year I THINK I can do that. It might be tough but I'm right on the edge. I'll do a workout soon to see if that's the case, but at least it will be a great workout and a lot of fun. It's weird, it said Fagan ran it last year, unless someone ran as him, here are last year's results just scroll down when you get to the page:
http://www.coolrunning.com/results/07/ma/Mar18_Rasnah_set1.shtml

Quote of the day:
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.


Sometimes I wish the technology from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind existed

No comments: