Thursday, February 14, 2008

Monday February 11, 2008 - Swimming is hard

I really need to start writing these right after they happen because I forget a lot. But I got back from this one really late so I got lazy.

Tonight, to mix it up a little bit, I swam a mile at MIT's pool and I remembered something...swimming is HARD. I put myself in the slow lane so I would specifically try to go slow so I wouldn't be in the tank right away. I THOUGHT I was going slow, but I hope I wasn't because I started to go into the tank after 50yards (2 laps). I went a quarter mile free style, quarter mile breast stroke (haha...boob), quarter mile side stroke, and a quarter mile alternating free style and breast stroke because free style was so tiring I had to take the breast stroke as a rest lap.

The last half mile was the worst because in the middle, while I looked like a drowning animal of some sort, I looked up to notice my friendly roided up life guard had been replaced by a really cute blonde haired blue eyed life guard and she was enjoying watching me struggle. I thought about fake drowning, Squints style from The Sandlot, but I thought that might end up being sexual assault or something like that so I decided against it and toughed out my last laps. The only thing that made me look better was the guy in the lane next to me was, for whatever reason, trying to swim backwards. He looked like he was drowning for real, that's actually what drew my attention at first and the drew it towards the life guard. I thought I was going to get to see roidguard freakin dive in and take action, then I looked up and saw Wendy Peffercorn sitting up there and I immediately forgot about the guy possibly drowing.

I'm just kidding, I realized he wasn't drowning so I stopped staring, it's not nice. If he were really drowning I would have been all over that.

Reminder to self, swim on Monday nights.

After the pool I just did abs, the pool was a workout enough.

Quote of the day:
Squints: For-ev-ver! For-ev-ver! For-ev-ver! For-ev-ver!

Good movie, classic quote, and his magic moment with Wendy Peffercorn the life guard reminded me of that one.

No comments: