Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tuesday February 12, 2008 - Night Run

This will be a nice short post, there wasn't that much interesting stuff that happened, just a great run. It's runs like this that make me love it.

It was a great night for running because it was just before a snow was to fall so it was a quiet, still, crisp, cool night. I love those nights along the Charles. I intended to go 4mi but it was such a great run that I went 6mi (woah, watch out, I'm crazy). To make things better, my iPod was on shuffle and just kept coming with great songs to run to. It was a clear night and the view of Boston lit up along the Charles just completely takes you away, it's a cool feeling.

I ended the run at the gym in just under 40min and I lifted shoulders, cranked on the abs, and jogged the mile home. As I was leaving the gym it started to snow, a nice light dusting, and it had that great crisp snow smell in the air. Just an overall great night of running.

Quote of the day:
"That my boy is snow. White stuff that falls from God. It won't hurt you actually, as long as you don't swallow any or carry it in your pocket. Some people claim it has magical powers. Try to put on long wooden planls and slide on it. Personally I don' think it will catch on." - Bruce Denton, Once a Runner

Great quote from a great book about great running, all like my night

No comments: