Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Friday February 22, 2008 - To NY again

Today I only had a short amount of time to get a run in between work and trying to catch a bus to NY. This time I'm going to NY for personal fun rather than work.

It was snowing A LOT. It was complete white out conditions and the snow hurt as it was blasting me in the eyes. I was clearly the only A Hole out there running and I made it a quick 4. I don't really remember how I felt because the snow flakes scratching my eyes out was all I could really focus on. And genius me, I forgot to wear a hat so not only was my head freezing and wet but crossing the MA Ave bridge was great because snow was pelting me in the ear.

I hit up the gym and quickly did my tricep workout and abs and sprinted through the snow home. The snow was even heavier on the run home. Of course, when I need to catch a bus.

Quick story, I hate Greyhound. We bought tickets at 11am online and when we got to the terminal there were signs saying buses had been canceled since 9am. Genius greyhound, seriously, thanks, that was so nice of you to scam me. But, of course, you can never stop the Fung Wah no matter what the situation, they keep truckin. Mike and I got there JUST in time and grabbed the last 2 seats on the bus. I was in the very back middle seat with a MASSIVE black dude to my right who decided he wanted to sit with his legs spread all the way so that I had to squish mine together, and another dude to my left who deicded he wanted to sit with ALL his bags. I was comfortable, I swear.

Luckily, the bus broke down in the first 5min of the ride. Lucky that it was that early in, they sent a new one and it came pretty quick, and lucky that we all had to get off and transfer our stuff because people changed where they were sitting for whatever reason (they're dumb) and Mike and I got a row of seats so I didn't have to squish with those dudes again.

Quote of the day:
"I'm taking a greyhound on the hudson river line. I'm in a New York state of mind" - Billy Joel, New York State of Mind

No comments: