Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday February 19, 2008 - Forgot

Like I said previously, I have to start writing these as soon as I finish my workout becuase all I really remember about this run is that I did my favorite loop plus an add on and ended up with 8mi. I remember feeling fairly tired too. I think it was too soon when I said I was surprised my legs were feeling so good this early into my training, most of the runs my legs are starting to feel heavy and tired and it came later than it used to. It used to hit me in the first 2 weeks and it's now about a month in.

Maybe more sleep would help, but that's easier said than done. What I don't think everyone realizes is these workouts either happen very early, around 5am ish, or very late, 10pm or later. Usually its late because as much as I want to and try its hard to get myself up to run in the cold at 5am. I'm also traveling a lot now and I'm surprised I've still been able to fit in workouts. I'm in NYC 1-2 times a week on average for business and usually I take a train the night before or at the crack of dawn and then I either hop a train or a flight home after my meetings. On average to go to NYC I leave my house at 5am to catch the train in time and I get back to my apt around 11pm ish. I also have to go to San Francisco and San Diego on occasion so my schedule has become a little more hectic but I'm now too obsessed with training and lifting to stop. I hate when I have to take a day off.

Quote of the day:
"You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" - Ed Norton, Fight Club

From all the traveling

No comments: