Sunday, February 10, 2008

Saturday February 7, 2008 - Oz

Today I went to BU to watch the valentine invitational that the guys were running. Sarro and JBone had a great mile running 4:11 and 4:10 respectively. They closed the last hundo really hard, it was great to see.

Then Oz and I went out for a run. He was going 15 so I mustered up the strength to go 10 and keep him company. I figured, hey, it's long run day. We ran around the Charles and the run started windy and shitty then it got better for most of the middle part of the run and then it was shitty at the end again. Oz caught the worst of it on his last 5mi.

I made it 8mi with no problems, feeling pretty good, the last 2 my legs very quickly became tired and my lower back got a little sore. It continued to be sore for the rest of the day. Overall, it was a great run and I'm glad I got to keep Oz company.

Back at BU I ran into a couple of old friends who are now assistant coaching at BC and URI which is pretty cool. I was able to see Sean run 1:52 in the 800 and Colin blast out a fantastic 8:24 3k. Hopefully that puts him in the fast heat at HEPS.

Quote of the day:
"Bart: [after they watch a foreign film] I was so bored I cut the pony tail off the guy in front of us.
[holds pony tail to his head]
Bart: Look at me, I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and I made $600 last year.
Marge: Bart, don't make fun of grad students. They've just made a terrible life choice.

Thought of it when Oz and I were running by MIT around 2pm and there were people stuying in the library and Oz and I noted how they are most likely way smarter than us simply based on the fact that they are in the library at 2pm on a Saturday.

No comments: